CARING FOR YOUR STERLING SILVER JEWELLERY
Sterling Silver jewellery requires some level of care. Sterling silver, like other precious metal alloys, can oxidise with time. The proper maintenance of silver jewellery improves it with age and develops a lush patina. Care for your silver well, and it will reward you with a long life and a lustrous look.
- To remove any tarnish the simple use of a special Silver Dip or rubbing with a Silver Cloth is all that is required to renew the brilliance and shine.
- Chlorine, bleach and other household chemicals can damage Sterling Silver and accelerate tarnishing, so this should be avoided.
- Do not rub silver with anything other than a polishing cloth. Tissue paper or paper towels can cause scratches because of the fibres in these products.
- All jewellery should be removed before sleep, bathing or any other physical activity and be stored separately to avoid accidental damage or scratching.
- Store your silver in a cool, dry place, preferably in a tarnish-preventive bag or wrapped in a soft piece of felt or cloth.
- Store pieces individually so that they don’t knock together and scratch.
- Make sure your silver is not exposed to air and light during storage – this can cause silver to tarnish.